Monday, June 15, 2009

3D Photo Display



I learned how to make a 3D display of my photos today with a website called Kickfly. I had these pictures I had taken at the Natchez Balloon Festival in October in my Flickr account. Kickfly allows you to upload pictures from your MySpace, Facebook, Flickr, or Photobucket account. Or you can upload from a web page. Kickfly takes the pictures you upload and creates your gallery for you. After it is created you can share it to your MySpace or Facebook page, email it to friends, or embed it in your website or blog.

I really like that it can popout of my blog to be viewed fullscreen. Another cool feature is the ability it click on the Blueprint button to see the floor plan of your gallery.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

I just found your blog--THANK YOU! This is exactly what I hope to be able to create, someday. I hope people regularly tell you how wonderful you are. Your blog will be an unending source of inspiration!

Kevin Hodgson said...

That's a pretty interesting tool and I like the possibilities here of maybe students creating a virtual art gallery of sorts. It's fascinating the technology that is coming into our hands every day, isn't it?
Kevin

PLNaugle said...

Thank you Tamara. It is a little intimidating when you start but it definitely gets easier. I enjoyed watching the blog grow and having my students make comments on it. It is an even bigger thrill when someone else visits and takes the time to leave a comment.

Just start slowly and you'll do fine.

PLNaugle said...

Hi Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You are so right. Each day there seems to be a new tool to discover. I just wanted to put it here so that next school year I can have my students make a gallery of their work.