Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 2, 2011 Read Across America



We participated in Read Across America on March 2. I had planned to do a group Skype video call with three other classes across the United States, but unfortunately that did not work out. I am not sure why I could not launch the group Skype call but I quickly IMed (instant messaged) everyone that I would have to call them one at a time.

First we Skyped with our buddy class, Mrs. Jan Wells, in Kansas. We always enjoy sharing with each others class. Next we had a new contact class in Unionville, Alabama. Mrs. Barton's 6th graders read to our class and then we read part of Green Eggs and Ham to her class. Watch our video here.

I kept trying to reach Tiffany Whitehead, a librarian friend of mine, in Baton Rouge but never could reach her on Skype. We are still trying to figure out why she can Skype within her district but not with anyone else.

No comments: